Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Slow Week, Slow Month

It's been slow lately. I'm kind of itching for the end of this season as the only shows I've really kept up on are Tiger & Bunny, Nichijou, Mayo Chiki, Hanasaku Iroha, and Kamisama no Memochou. Well, I mean to say I've been seriously enjoying those shows, but lately I've been lusting over the upcoming OVAs.

I've also been playing catch up with some older releases that I've been meaning to jump into. Recently, finished You AreUmasou, which is the anime version of Land Before Time. It was very enjoyable actually, though I warn you that it is in essence a movie for kids. There is nothing super fucked up that happens or anything like that, rather it's a HEART-warming journey (watch the movie to get the reference) about a BIG JAW who is raised by a plant-eater (but seriously, I can't tell what the fuck dinosaur the 'plant-eater' is supposed to be). It's not bad, but it's also not so stellar that I'd slap my cock at you if you hadn't seen it.

Also in the anime cinema scene, I recently watched the Nanoha movie. I know, I know, 'fag got no self-respect watchin' loli magic girl shit.' Well, fuck you too! Seriously though, Nanoha is not for everyone, just like ANY OTHER MAGICAL GIRL SHOW. Sometimes I can honestly recommend one to a friend, like say Puella Magi Madoka Magica (SHAFT FAG DETECTED), but for the most part I tell people it's nothing beyond Sailor Moon rubbish.... Rubbish that I absolutely love! Nanoha is kind of different... in the sense that there is something entertaining to watch in-between the pseudo-friendship/lesbian plot centering around two underage girls and that's this: the fight scenes. If you are a fan of aerial combat or bullet-storm games (look up the Touhou games and see a whole another fandom you can hate) then you are in luck. Nanoha's magical girl fights are some of the best in the industry, and they're not half-jet like in Strike Witches (not sure if that's a good thing for some of you). You get to see super saiyan-level beam fights all the time. It's pretty good shit, but other than that you can skip through most of the movie as the underlining thing is friendship and mother issues. Even still, it may be worth a watch if you can stomach it.

Well, that was it for me. Maybe I'll prep a short review of You Are Umasou? Maybe not. Whatever. OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment